Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. That’s why girls often start planning their “big day” when they’re very young! Truth be told, there are many details packed into just one day. However, with adequate preparation, experienced help, and a great venue, like Vrooman Mansion in Bloomington, IL, your wedding dreams can come true. Here are six of many reasons why you should plan your special day at our grand estate!
- Elegant, Vintage Venue – Built in 1869, our red brick Italianate-style Vrooman Mansion offers “old world” charm and elegance, perfect for either a vintage wedding or a modern ceremony amidst a historical backdrop. For example, the grand, two-story foyer features eight-foot-tall stained glass windows, a fireplace, elaborately carved oak-paneled walls, and a dark weathered oak staircase, perfect for grand entrances. But that’s not all. The Mansion also features a music room, library, parlor – lovely historical rooms in which to capture once-in-a-lifetime moments on your wedding day.
- Carriage House – The Vrooman Mansion Carriage House is truly the perfect retreat for the bride and groom on their wedding night. Separate from the Main House, this two-story romantic cottage guarantees privacy for the newlywed couple. What’s more, heated floors, a stone-set wood-burning fireplace, and screened-in porch add that special touch.
- Overnight Guest Accommodations – In addition to the Carriage House, there are seven suites for you, your bridal party, family and friends. Wouldn’t it be convenient to be near your loved ones as you prepare for your momentous occasion? Think photos, hair, make-up, last-minute details, etc. Elegant and convenient accommodations are just two of many advantages to hosting your wedding at the Vrooman Mansion.
- Hair, Make-up & Spa Services for the Bride – Hair appointments, make-up artists, spa services, and photo sessions often lead to brides and grooms running in every direction with mere seconds to spare. The added stress of a tight schedule and unexpected travel hiccups can certainly cause much unneeded stress on your wedding day. At Vrooman Mansion, there’s no need to worry as we can arrange for hair stylists, make-up artists, and massage therapists in your suite! And off-site photography sessions are unnecessary since the Mansion and its grounds provide the perfect setting.
- Beverage & Food Options – Whether you have a limited appetite due to nerves or a voracious one, staying nourished and hydrated are important so that you look and feel your best. That’s why we offer several options to suit your needs, such as our Mimosa Bar, Extended Continental Breakfast Buffet, Lunch Buffet, or Quick Nibbles when time is limited and appetites are light.
- Stress-Free Wedding Planning – You will love working with the staff at Vrooman Mansion on unique and convenient ways to plan, not just your wedding, but your rehearsal dinner, reception, or wedding shower. We have a list of resources at our disposal, from photographers to ministers, and we would be honored to help lessen the stress for such a special event.
These are just six of numerous reasons to plan your wedding at our beautiful and historical bed and breakfast. Contact us today for more information and to schedule a time to visit. Come see for yourself why so many happy brides have said “I do!” to Vrooman Mansion.