The McLean County 4-H Fair in Bloomington, IL features exciting exhibitions with the time-honored traditions of a county fair. This year will prove to be exciting when the five-day exhibition opens on Wednesday, August 1, 2018 through Sunday, August 5, 2018. Plan your last minute Illinois getaway today to join the fun at this favorite annual event.
McLean County and fairs have a long history together, dating back to the summer of 1852. In fact, some have even speculated that Abe Lincoln may have visited Bloomington to enjoy the fair, as he was traveling around Central Illinois as a lawyer in that year. Moving forward in time, by 1917 McLean County was the first county in Illinois to form a 4-H club.
Over the years, the fair has evolved to include a wide variety of entertainment. And of course, who could forget the array of fun carnival rides! Don’t miss out on these fun activities!
- Food & Farm Family Fun Zone
- Comedy & Magic Shows
- Music Tent with daily live broadcasts
- Face Painting
- Hit and Miss Engines
- Tour 4-H Exhibits
- Antique Tractor Display
- Dog Agility Demonstration
- Emergency Services Display
- Balloon Twisting Artists
Here is the crowd-pleasing lineup for the Grandstand this year:
- Wednesday night at 6pm – Big Smokers Tractor Pull & Local Pickup Truck Pull-Offs
- Thursday night at 8pm – BRUSHVILLE Concert Night (Opening band – to be announced at 6:30 PM)
- Friday night at 6:30pm – Country artist Walker Hayes (Opening band – Flat Land Band at 6:30 PM)
- Saturday night at 7pm – DEMOLITION DERBY
- Gates open: 6am – 9pm Wednesday through Sunday
- Exhibits open: 9am – 9pm
- Sunday: Exhibits open until 5pm
- 4-H Projects leave at 12pm on Sunday
After a full day of carnival rides, concerts, contests and delicious fair food, head back to your comfortable guest room at Vrooman Mansion. Reserve your favorite room now and join the fun at the McLean County Fairgrounds just 4 miles down the road from the Vrooman Mansion Bed and Breakfast!