Graduation season will be here soon! Plan ahead with family and friends, so that everyone has a place to stay, a place to celebrate, and can share in your student’s huge milestone as they walk across the stage.
We’ve compiled all of the graduation dates and locations in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois, as well as some tips to help make your celebrations historic.
- Rooms closest to campus and schools book up fast, so don’t delay, especially if several family members from out of town want to stay in the same location. We have 5 suites in the mansion and 2 in the carriage house. Check availability to see if this could be the home for all of you for the weekend.
- Bloomington loves breakfast, especially on Sundays, especially on graduation weekends. Look for accommodations that include breakfast to avoid the crowds and long waits. If you stay with us, your graduate can join you for a gourmet breakfast for free!
- Similar to weddings, you can simplify event planning by having your party in the same place that most guests are staying overnight. We’d love to host the graduation party for your family, and we have several options. We include all of the setup, takedown, silverware, dinnerware and drinkware so you don’t have to worry about renting from another location. Call or send an email and we can provide a packet with more information.
- Stay for two nights instead of one so you don’t have to rush around trying to check in right before a night ceremony or rush to pack and check out for a day time ceremony. Allow yourself the space to enjoy these moments together that only happen once.
BLOOMINGTON-NORMAL COLLEGE GRADUATIONS
Sunday May 1, 2022 at Illinois Wesleyan University
Consider staying overnight both Saturday and Sunday, so you can check in Saturday night and have a relaxing night together before the next day’s festivities. Then have breakfast with us Sunday morning before the ceremony (Breakfast is included for the graduate even if they don’t stay overnight), and enjoy the rest of the day without having to checkout, pack the car, etc., and then one more gourmet breakfast Monday morning before you hit the road home.
And if you need two rooms, consider staying in the two suites in the Carriage House and having it all to yourself!
Friday & Saturday May 6-7, 2022 at Illinois State University
If you have a graduation ceremony to attend on Friday evening, we recommend arriving and checking in Thursday night so you can get settled, rather than trying to check in on the Friday before the ceremony and then rushing to campus. Stay Thursday and Friday night and enjoy a gourmet breakfast with us each morning. Breakfast is included for the graduate even if they don’t stay overnight, so please call us when you book your stay so we can arrange it in advance for all of you.
If your ceremony is Saturday morning or day, then we recommend arriving Friday night and staying through Sunday. That way you don’t have to try and pack and check out the same day you’re trying to celebrate together!
Friday May 13, 2022 Heartland Community College
Their ceremony will be held at Grossinger Motors Arena in Downtown Bloomington. We’re the closest overnight option near the arena, and within walking distance of several amazing downtown Bloomington restaurants as well.
BLOOMINGTON-NORMAL HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATIONS
Sunday May 15, 2022
- 2pm University High School (aka U High)
Sunday May 22
Saturday May 28
- 2pm Normal Community West High School (NCWS)
- 6pm Normal Community High School (NCHS)
- 7pm Cornerstone Christian Academy
Sunday May 29
- Bloomington High School (BHS)
Choose to Celebrate in a Mansion
Milestone events in life only happen once, and we’d encourage you to celebrate in a way that amplifies this historic moment for your family, in a beautiful and historic setting with all of the modern amenities that you need.
Vrooman Mansion has a history of supporting education and our community, and we’d love to be a part of continuing to elevate a lifetime of learning with you.
Check availability online and book to reserve your favorite rooms. Or give us a call and we can help you decide and make sure you have all the details you need for a celebration weekend.
Come make history.