This two-room suite with a private bath is comfortable and spacious; it can easily host two single guests, a family of four, or a small group of girls for a weekend getaway to Bloomington, Illinois. The bedroom reveals a high back burl-wood-posted queen-size bed, an ornamental fireplace with rich undertones, and north and east windows. The adjoining private sitting room – complete with a queen-size sofa bed and Carl Vrooman’s writing desk – is the perfect place to forget your “to-do” list. Carl and Julia would often enjoy afternoon tea in the sitting room, which features a large window seat overlooking the picturesque grounds. The suite offers beautiful views of the shaded gardens, the maple and oak trees, the original Carriage House, and the Lincoln Oak Memorial.
The private attached bathroom features a pull-chain toilet as well as a claw-foot slipper tub with a hand-held showerhead. (Note: If you prefer standing to soaking, please select one of the rooms with a walk-in shower or shower/tub combination.)
And if you do prefer a good soak after a long day, ask us about our bath package that includes all the elements needed to create a pampering and relaxing experience: signature soaking salt, sugar scrub, and other goodies, all infused with essential oils to leave you feeling relaxed and refreshed.
Then wake up the next morning to the amazing aroma of our gourmet breakfast and walk down the stairs to enjoy every second.
Carl Vrooman Suite: Specific Amenities
- Queen-size bed
- Ornamental fireplace
- Private sitting room (with queen-size sofa bed)
- Carl Vrooman’s writing desk
- Large window seat
- Separate entrance doors to bedroom and sitting room
- Private attached bath with claw-foot slipper tub
- Located near back (servant’s) staircase for ease of access
Guest Reviews from the Carl Vrooman Suite
Interested in what previous guests have had to say about their stay? Read from our Book History blog series about the reasons guests have enjoyed the Carl Vrooman Suite and Vrooman Mansion:
- Kris & Rick from Palos Park, Illinois celebrated their retirement AND 38th wedding anniversary, while also being able to catch up with their friends who also graduated from Illinois State University. Go Redbirds
- Devi from Chicago, IL was in town for business and loved it so much that they returned for a personal writing retreat!
- Clyde & Amanda took a roadtrip from Kentucky after search for Top B&Bs led them to us for their escape from the responsibilities of work & life! The spacious sitting room and
glamorous vintage tub were the ideal backdrop to hit the reset button together.
- TJ & Lisa from Danville, Iowa decided on a romantic roadtrip to celebrate their 8th wedding anniversary (as opposed to the more traditional gifts of pottery & bronze!) The coffee, breakfast and ability to explore the entire property left a lasting impression.