The ever popular Julia Vrooman Suite boasts a bright, sunny atmosphere. Overlooking the back lawn and garden, the large south and west windows offer a filtered view of the tree-lined street to maintain your privacy. After a busy day exploring Bloomington, Illinois, you can return to relax in this quiet retreat – or sit on the side porch gazing outside or getting lost in your own thoughts. Julia Vrooman’s charm and grace is evident in this room, which features a queen-size bed, European carved furniture, and an ornamental fireplace. Decorated in shades of blue and gold with a light and airy feel, it is easy to see why this is a favorite choice of lodging.
The modern attached private bathroom combines the old and the new with a pull-chain toilet, a pedestal sink, and a cultured marble walk-in shower. This room is ideal for anyone preferring a shower instead of a tub, or tub/shower combination.
Read about our gourmet breakfasts which you’re likely to naturally wake up to the smell of each morning.
Julia Vrooman Suite: Specific Amenities
- Queen-size bed
- Antique mirrored armoire and dresser
- Antique reading chair and marble top tables
- Decorative fireplace
- Scenic view to south and west
- Private attached bath with cultured marble walk-in shower
- Conveniently located near back (servant’s) staircase
Guest Reviews from the Julia Vrooman Suite
Interested in what previous guests have had to say about their stay? Read from our Book History blog series about the reasons guests have enjoyed the Julia Vrooman Suite and Vrooman Mansion:
- Donna & Amber enjoyed a Mother Daughter Birthday Trip, and relished in the history and glamour that discovered in each room of the mansion. With Bloomington as the halfway point, one drove from the Chicago area and the other came up from St. Louis, Missouri.
- Mack & Kate stayed here two weeks after Wendy & Alec. One couple from Hollywood, California and another from Normal, Illinois… their memories, though entirely different, shared the same memorable space. See how their experiences shaped their stay and even inspired what they wrote in the room’s journal for future guests to laugh along with them.
- Steve & Tammy were in town from Lincoln, NE for some family tree research, and in the midst of discovering their own history they ran into US Presidents Lincoln & Grant! Two local professional actors were also staying at the mansion and the four of them were able to enjoy gourmet breakfast together.