Vrooman HandMade Art Show & Sale | July 17 & July 18, 2021 | 11am – 5pm CST
Creative energy is a part of the mansion from the vibrant colors of each room, to the inspired architecture, and iconic stained-glass windows. Julia Vrooman herself was a writer and author, so it’s only fitting that the creative influence continues and expands this summer, with the Vrooman HandMade Art Show & Sale.
Come out and support local artists, tour the main floor of the mansion, and enjoy the lovely gardens!
- Admission will be $3 at the door and all entry proceeds will go towards the restoration of the stained glass windows at Vrooman Mansion.
- Please enter from the porch on 701 E Taylor Street.
Which artists will be at the show?
- 1016 Studios: Home décor made with vintage fabrics
- Amber Bee Pottery and Tile Co.: Handmade Ceramics; utilitarian pottery
- Baubbly: Playful hand forged silver and resin jewelry
- Bekki Canine Paintings: Narrative Surreal oil paintings with collaged paper, fabric and photographs
- By Sarah Simpson: handmade stickers, prints, and greeting cards
- Cory McCrory: hand built colorful ceramic art
- Fabrikate: Colorful handmade bags, backpacks, wallets, cat toys, masks
- Felt Inspired: Colorful, contemporary wearable art in natural fibers using techniques like felting, sunprinting and shibori dyeing
- Gathered Illusions Glass: Lamp worked borosilicate glass: marbles, pendants, fidget stones, pens etc. And furnace worked soft glass: vases, bowls, flowers, pumpkins, paper wright’s etc.
- Glazed and Confused Pottery: Black and white graffito on porcelain, functional pottery with ocean themes.
- Hooey Batiks: Hand dyed batik and shibori clothing and pillows
- Jarmac: kinetic sculptures
- Karafelts: Needle felted wool sculptures
- Kim Caisse Art: shadow boxes, sculptures and small ceramics
- Mandy Roeing Fine Art: Landscapes, Beachscapes, & Pet Portraits in soft pastels
- Michael Amis Studio: contemporary functional and sculptural hand blown glass pieces.
- Old Town Flowers: Cold process soap, herbal body care and potions!
- Southern Illinois Swamp Witch: Bone earrings, upcycled items and clothes
- The Pipe Dream Salon: Fun, original jewelry, art, and home décor
Be sure to follow us on Facebook for further updates on this event and others.
At Vrooman Mansion, you will love the beautiful and historic ambiance of a bygone era – a time where silver tea and garden parties, candlelight suppers, and fashionable soirees were the order of the day.
We host many public affairs during the year. From Downton Abbey themed fashion shows, Steampunk brunches, Titanic 9-course dinners, Gone with the Wind and other themed afternoon teas, A Day in Historic Dimmitt’s Grove, to Holiday Christmas tours, these experiences give visitors a special look into the Mansion and Central Illinois.
For all events, ticket sales are limited and on sale a couple months prior to the event. Please check our Facebook page for details. Sign up for our newsletter (signup is in the footer at the bottom of the page) to be notified of upcoming events – you won’t want to miss them!
The Vrooman Mansion is a perfect stop for your group or bus tour to relive the past. Tour the house, learn about its rich history, and enjoy a sit-down lunch. Call us to coordinate the perfect stop and experience for your group.