Located at the top of the grand staircase, this elegant room is often used as a private dressing room for brides, making a beautiful backdrop for professional photography. This room will allow you to experience the utmost luxury during your stay in our Bloomington, Illinois bed and breakfast. The Master’s Chamber has been replicated to its original décor, but has also been outfitted with modern comforts. Furnishings include a large mirrored armoire, a queen-size bed, a full-size sofa for lounging, and a marble top dresser.
The bathroom, which is private and located across the hall, is completely original to the home, all the way down to its bath fixtures: a claw-foot tub/shower combination with a large sunflower showerhead, and a pull-chain water chamber.
Read about our gourmet breakfasts included with every night’s stay.
Master’s Chamber: Specific Amenities
- Queen-size bed
- Full-size sofa and marble top furniture
- Ornamental fireplace
- Large mirrored armoire
- Private bath located across the hall from the bedroom has a claw-foot tub/shower
- Complimentary Toiletries include shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, locally made organic handsoap and lip balm
- Hair Dryer
- Luxurious Robes to borrow during your stay
- Complimentary snacks, coffee, tea, water and soda in the closet at the end of the 2nd floor hallway
Guest Reviews from the Master Chamber Room
Interested in what previous guests have had to say about their stay? Read from our Book History blog series about the reasons guests have enjoyed the Master Chamber Room and Vrooman Mansion:
- Jessica & Travis from Fort Wayne, Indiana had their first bed and breakfast experience with us and loved the luxury of the fuzzy robes, the vintage bathtub, and the piano music from downstairs.
- The Summer Family held their daughter’s wedding at the mansion during Christmas time and marveled at all of the decorations as they used some rooms to prep and get ready for the big day.
- Niki & Nora enjoyed a Mother Daughter Weekend celebrating Mother’s Day, and a birthday! The history and elegance made a lasting impression before they continued their trip to a college graduation in southern Illinois.